Teachers: why not take a look at the benefits of an ESTA membership?
The European String Teachers Association is accessible to all teachers of violin, viola, cello and double-bass, anywhere in Europe.
ESTA’s aims & objectives:
- To promote the highest artistic and pedagogic standards among string teachers and students
- To promote lifelong high-quality learning of stringed instruments
- To provide a professional association for string teachers and players
- To sponsor the study of all aspects of string playing and teaching
- To provide local and national forums for the exchange of ideas
- To provide information, support and guidance for all string teachers, at all levels of professional development
- To promote conferences, workshops, lectures, discussion and collaborations with other organisations
- To sponsor publications supporting ESTA’s wider aims
Benefits on an ESTA membership:
There are many benefits to becoming part of this large family of musicians. Whether you are looking to share your personal experiences or difficulties as a teacher, or looking for new ways to teach, new material, or professional insurance, ESTA will be able to provide you with an array of stimulating life and career-enhancing services.
- Discount at events organised by ESTA
- Subscription to the magazine Arco ESTA(UK), highly regarded quarterly journal which includes reviews of new repertoire
- Online technique videos with David le Page (violin); Steven Doane (cello) and Cathy Elliott (double bass)
- Online forum where you can ask for and offer advice
- Access to specialists in Rolland, Suzuki, Colourstrings, Kodaly, Dalcroze, Alexander Technique and Neuro Linguistic Programming
- Reference videos, books and reports, including the Paul Rolland films available on loan
- Insurance and legal cover
Insurance and Legal Cover
- Public Liability
- Employers Liability Insurance (excluding residents of the Republic of Ireland)
- 24-hour legal helpline
- 24-hour tax helpline
- Legal cover including legal defence costs in cases of allegations of abuse
- JESTA website and an unlimited number of copies of JESTA magazine for your students
- 24/7 access to the Members Area of the ESTA website
- Repertoire Database for finding and suggesting repertoire suitable for students at all levels and searchable by musical and instrumental technique
- Forum to ask questions and give answers
- Job vacancies
- Access to the online register of ESTA(UK) members
- Nannie Jamieson Nutshell Fund for assistance with short courses relating to teaching string instruments
- Joan Dickson Chamber Music Fund for help in introducing young players to chamber music
- Elspeth Iliff Fund to foster international exchange of string pedagogy
- Strad subscription discount
- Discounts on instrument insurance
Exclusive Service Available To UK ESTA Teachers
One of the responsibilities of a teacher is to help their pupil source and select an instrument. In the absence of a local string specialist, this can be a time consuming, costly and frustrating process.
We stock a wide range of instruments catering to everyone from beginners to professionals, and we are now offering UK ESTA members a 2 week trial delivery service, where we will send a number of instruments to your home to try for 2 weeks. The return and collection of the instruments or bows is organised by Cardiff Violins free of charge*.
We can send you a pre-selected range of the following instruments (from our intermediate level upwards only):
- up to 4 violins or violas
- up to 4 bows
We will select the instruments based on the pupil’s level of development and desired tonal qualities, appearance etc. This is normally discussed during a telephone conversation and supported by a questionnaire.
* late returns will incur charges.
Terms and conditions apply. Please contact us on 029 20 22 77 61 or at firstname.lastname@example.org